Hibiscus Water: Healthy and Refreshing!Lesly Muñoz Viesca - 05/14/19
Hibiscus water or 'agua de Jamaica' as it is known in some Latin American countries, is a drink commonly used to hydrate and refresh during the warmer months, but did you know of its health benefits? This flower, originally from Africa, has been used by many cultures around the world for its medicinal and health benefits, here are a few:
- Due to its diuretic properties, agua de Jamaica is an excellent option to help detoxify the body and helps improve the digestive process.
- Rich in vitamins A, C, B1, and E, as well as minerals such as iron, phosphorus, and calcium, hibiscus water helps prevent premature aging of the body.
- In addition to these vitamins and minerals, Jthis drink is also rich in antioxidants, which not only prevent the premature oxidation of cells but also have anti-carcinogenic effects and protect the cardiovascular system.
Ready to make your own agua de Jamaica at home? You can do it by getting all the ingredients from our online store!
Visit https://bondadosa.org/store/shop and type 'hibiscus' in the search bar!
- 1 bag of Tadin Herb & Tea Co. hibiscus tea.
- 1 cup of hot water.
- Sugar or any sweetener to taste.
- Add a bag of hibiscus tea to a cup of hot water. Brew 3 to 5 minutes to release the flavor. Sweeten to taste.
- Add ice to make it a refreshing drink!
Information collected from https://www.econsejos.com/9-datos-agua-jamaica/?utm_medium=org&utm_campaign=seo&utm_source=pin